“The Restoration of Holy Name of Jesus Church, 135 Years – Fulfilling Our Vision” team wanted to give Container Diaries readers a look at some of the possible “conceptual design plans” for a restored Holy Name of Jesus Church. Our final plans are directly tied to our level of fundraising capabilities.
As you can see, the James Renwick Jr. designed St. Vincent De Paul Altar is the centerpiece of the feature set. There are a number of items we want to include in the project. The possibilities are:
• Upgraded Liturgical Furnishings and Appointments.
• Stenciling on Sanctuary walls, under Arches and side Altars.
• Relocate Tabernacle.
• Repair Walls and Repaint Church.
• Install Air Conditioning System & upgrade Lighting & Electrical systems.
• Install New Marble, Tile and Carpeting throughout.
• Wood Ceiling and Columns to become design highlights.
• Repair Narthex (Vestibule).
• Renew, Add and Refinish Pews.
• Repair Stained Glass Windows.
The goal of our Capital Campaign is $1,500,000.00. In a little over two weeks’ time, we’ve raised over $675,000.00. This is a huge testament to people’s love and commitment to Holy Name of Jesus Parish near and far. With that, we have a long way to go. We’ve partnered with Lynch Development Associates to help with our campaign. Please consider making a pledge, there are many types and levels available.
If you visit the Holy Name of Jesus parish, you can find the campaign brochure:
Your help is needed to achieve this dream that has been in the making for more than 30 years. To get involved and for more information, please like us on Facebook (Holy Name of Jesus Brooklyn Church Restoration Project), visit Holy Name Parish Web site at (www.holynamebrooklyn.com) ,contact Fr. Jim at (email@example.com) or call the Holy Name Rectory at 718-768-3071.