Adult Volunteers Needed
The Park Slope Armory shelter needs night-time volunteers. It seems that, as days go on there are fewer volunteers, and they are in dire need, especially at night.
- The Armory is located at 361 15 street between 7th and 8th avenues. Brooklyn NY.
- This shelter houses about 310 people from 2 nursing homes in the Rockaways. Mostly a senior population with some health challenges.
- They need 40 volunteers a night! While most residents sleep, they still need volunteers for general support, bathroom visits, breakfast preparation and food and supply logistics that happens at night.
- We are looking for volunteers to fill 3 nighttime shifts:
And of course, double shifts are welcome.
- Anyone interested in volunteering should contact Amy Glosser: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide your name, email address, cell phone number and availability. OR, you can just show up. They’ll be very happy to see you.